So yesterday it was almost Spring like, today, as I write this it has been turned on its head again by snow, spring, babe, you coming back at some point? Well whilst spring was in the air I felt inspired to get back in the kitchen and I feel like it has been a little while since I put my baking hat back on. I'm a bit tired of baking cakes at the moment so when I saw this rosemary shortbread recipe I knew it was what I was after.
I've never attempted to do shortbread until now, I always felt like it must be a tricky biscuit to make, little did I know eh! This recipe was SOOOO simple and yes, it wouldn't be a me bake if it didn't go wrong at some point. So listen up, if the guidelines say leave in the oven for 8 minutes, leave it in for 8 not like my 10 because they went a little too far on the wrong side of golden. Now I've almost eaten the lot and I can announce they are delishhhhhh soooo let's get on to the bake...
How To Create...
- Preheat the oven to 200c
- In a bowl beat the caster sugar and butter together
- Add into the mix the flour and 1tbsp of chopped rosemary. Mix until it forms a dough
- Divide the mixture into 12 and place into muffin tins
- Bake for 8 mins (I did 10, don't copy my mistake)
- Leave to cool and then remove from tins. (My technique was turning them upside down and hitting the base until the shortbreads fell out like magic)
- Mix the icing sugar with 11/2 tbsp of lemon juice and drizzle over shortbread then place the lemon zest and extra rosemary on the top
- Let the icing set for 20mins then serve with a cuppa tea!
What You Will Need...
- 50g caster sugar
- 125g unsalted butter - at room temperature
- Fresh rosemary
- 175g self raising flour
- 6 tbsp icing suger (sieved)
- lemon, zested and juiced
So I spotted this recipe in the Tesco magazine whilst packing my bags with ALLL the food and I’m so glad I picked it up as normally I would ignore it. You can find the recipe online >>here<< and I hope yours are slightly more successful than mine. Shortbread is one of Ryan's favourite so I’m sure now I know how easy it is to make I’ll be trying a few other conceptions with different ingredients.